I. Fill in the blanks:
- Pots are made from clay. 2. Potter uses trowel to dig clay.
- Potter uses potter’s wheel to shape his pots.
- After drying the pots they are heated in kiln to make them
- The person who makes pots is called Potter. 6. We light diyas on Diwali.
II. Answer the following questions:
- What is pottery?
Ans: The art of making pots is known as pottery.
- Who is a potter?
Ans: A potter is a person who makes pots.
- What are the different methods of pot making?
Ans: a). Pinch method
b) coil method
c) Wheel method
d) slab method
- What things did the potter need to make pots?
Ans: Clay, water, potter’s wheel ans kiln
- We often keep water in a clay pot at home or in school. Why do
these pots not get spoilt by the water?
Ans: Because these pots are baked in Kiln.
- Long ago the people did not have any pots what did those
Ans: When people did not have pots they would have used leaves
of plants to keep or store food and water.
- What are the steps involved in pot making?
Ans: 1. Kneading: Collecting soil and preparing dough.
- Shaping: Shaping the dough using different ways.
- Drying: drying the pots in Sun.
- Baking: Baking the pots in kiln to make them stronger.
- Decorating: Decorating the pots using different colours and
- What is a kiln?
Ans: Pots are baked in an oven called a kiln.
- Why do we dry a pot in the Sun and bake it on fire?
- Ans: Drying and baking makes the pot hard and strong.